Sign in to follow this  
anti

building a pc

My laptop died so planning on building a pc that can play rs/football manager and maybe games like apex

Never built one before so if anyone with experience could look this over and give advice that would be helpful

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KjzjzY

My only recommendation right now is to get 16gb of ram if you plan on gaming in the future. I had 8gb of ram and BFV would stutter pretty consistently. Def worth the 20 extra euro or whatever it'd be. Its really cheap right now and worth it.

Yeah same as what Dox said.

Although playing rs doesn't use up alot of ram, having multiple clients / playing rs and another game will start to suck up that ram. Especially apex, i got problems with apex and its because i dont have alot of ram.

2 minutes ago, Dox17 said:

My only recommendation right now is to get 16gb of ram if you plan on gaming in the future. I had 8gb of ram and BFV would stutter pretty consistently. Def worth the 20 extra euro or whatever it'd be. Its really cheap right now and worth it.

Atleast his motherboard in that list has 4 DDR slots, can always get more at a later date. Although if its cheap atm (not sure if it is for europe, cos states is alot cheaper) to buy RAM maybe get 2 8's instead of 2 4's. Ryzen processors are pretty solid all rounders. Solid state drive is a winner aswell. Probs could save liek £50 getting a case with inbuilt cooling + PSU off ebay (i did and its decent), can also nab really good screens for cheap there. As for graphics card's i dont know much, other than most are expensive, but some cheaper second hand stuff can be good, if you dont want to play the newest games on super HD settings.

O and a mouse which you can change the DPI + speed on, is hella nice.

Good luck sir!

52 minutes ago, Nytram said:

If you can afford to pay monthly id recommend UK gaming computers, I got the previous version of this (Mines 2 year old now) and next year ill be using them again to get a new one, or ill just upgrade mine idk yet.

https://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/achilles-high-spec-i5-gaming-pc

built mine using 

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

mines 2 yrs old as well and im just gonna upgrade pieces over time as they become obsolete. 

On 4/12/2019 at 9:30 PM, Dox17 said:

this ^

also get a good cpu and gpu. Just watch google revieuws on cpu and gpu's to know its cons and pros

On 4/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, anti said:

How come you didn't assemble yourself? I'm worried I'll put it all together and it won't turn on or something

I have assembled PCs in the past but would rather a pro do it and have it ready to go out of the box upon arrival. Enjoy the new rig my man sounds like what you've chosen will be sick.